Ugma is the biggest union of Georgian Health professionals,
Our goal – Improving the Quality of Medical Services in the Country
Mission- Inspiring, promoting and supporting continuous improvement in the quality and safety of healthcare
Main directions of our activity :
- Development of Protocols/ Guidelines;
- Participation in their introduction;
- Implementation of Training, Research and Certification/Exam Programs;
- Medical Personnel Training;
- Clinical Disputes Review (between patients, clinics and insurance companies);
- Reviewing Clinical Medical Cases;
- Clinical examination/audit of insurance cases;
Since 2012 Up to 400 clinical management protocol is prepared,42 funded by the State grant program , Medical staff up to 30 Hospitals was selected by Union's Competition Commission
From 2013 the Union is the Contracting Institution of "Medical Activities State Regulation Agency" of the Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs of Georgia and within the budgetary appropriations effects the complete Expertise / Review Service related to the medical practice.
During the 2014, At Professional Development Council 52 cases prepared by reviewers of the Union were discussed. As a result, the issue of 118 doctor's professional responsibilities has made.